On Friday Dave and Wes went on a hike to Stewart Falls. Wes has been wanting to go on a hike since out last trip to Alaska when he, Papa, Brooke, and I went along the Powerline Trail by Flat Top looking for the Girls Camp. We never actually made it to their camp. We ran into a bull moose first and then it started to really poor down rain on us along with some thunder and lightening right over head. So we turned back. It was a lot of fun.

This is Wes's favorite hiking stick and favorite crooked tree he found. He wanted to take a picture of it to show me! Brooke and I weren't allowed to go at the last minute. I guess Dave didn't think we could make it or something?! That is OK. We didn't have a baby backpack for her this time.
For some reason this picture makes me chuckle. Don't under-estimate Wes's sneakiness!
...Maybe he is dancing?.....That is sure to keep the animals away.
Cool rock for a cool kid. I think he had a lot of fun. Dave told him that it was a 2 hour hike. They had their water and some snacks for them.
Here they are at the falls. They made it! Wes could have kept going, he is like the Energizer bunny. Dave on the other hand had it. He had a blister that popped that was the size of a dime on his heal after their 4 miles. I didn't hear Wes complain once about it! Who works out and runs constantly? That's what I thought!!!
1 comment:
It is so pretty up there. It looks like Wes will be your little mountain man!!! It's amazing how their little legs can go so long and so fast...and you know they are taking twice as many steps as us. Looks like a good time!
Post a Comment