When we picked her up it was very yucky outside. Windy like crazy and raining, all the way to Salt Lake. By the time we came out of the Expo it was SNOWING! Crazy. We called Gramea to tell her and she told Wes to take a picture of it for her, but I was driving and we couldn't. By the time we got home, it was only raining at our house.
We had the missionaries come over for dinner, the first time since Dave and I have been married. Wes was looking forward to that. Wes has only had dinner with the missionaries at Gramea and Papa's house in Alaska. Never at his house. He even got to go and pick them up with his dad! Brooke on the other hand, was so shy. When they got here, she just stood with her face into the armoir. Finally I went over and picked her up to join the rest of us. She finally broke down towards the end and sat next to one of them and was herself.
During dinner, when it really started snowing Wes got all of his snow gear together and went out and was making snowballs. One of the missionaries was from California and was surprised that Wes was making them so easily. He wanted to go out and try it too. They ended up making snowmen and having a snowball fight. They were out there laughing like crazy. I think the missionaries were having as much fun as Wesley was!
Here is the first snowman Wes made by himself, with his water rocket as a hat.
This is the snowman that the missionaries & Wes made. I only had babybel cheese, no carrots for the features! Oh well. The poor missionary on the left, the one from Canada, his hands were so cold. He didn't have gloves. His laugh made all of us laugh. It reminded me of a Stanton laugh.
1 comment:
Wasn't the snow crazy???? You are so good to feed the missionaries. If Mark was more social I might do it. I am afraid that I would be the one making all the conversation with Mark's loud nervous laugh in the back ground:)
Post a Comment