Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grandma's Got a New Do at 92

Saturday was Christina's baby shower for her baby girl, Mardi Ione. Mardi is doing really well, she is home from the hospital...finally! Yeah! The baby wasn't there, they can't take her out for a year. Only to doctor's appointments. We got to see pictures of her and she is really cute, she now weighs over 7 lbs!

So I had heard that Grandma Ione got a new do, all my memories of Grandma are of her hair permed. Tight curls all over her head. Not anymore. She was tired of it. I told Grandma she needs to go and have it "set" every week. Mom told her to try and spike it.

Here are my sisters and I with Grandma. What do you think Dad? Mom was over talking to Aunt Myrl, so she wasn't in it. Oh, this was a self-portrait too!


Grandma requested this picture. It is of my cousin Amy and I.


Grandma and Ashley (my sister Becky's baby). Look at those thunder thighs on Ashley. They are the best. It's her "chubba-wubba".

2 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

I think Grandma looks younger with this hair! I like it a lot! If she lived closer I would tell her we would come do her hair once a week!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Woo Hoo, Hot Grand Mama Newman! I love it! She does look younger, Beck. Thanks for posting the pics, Amy. I'm glad I got to see it.