Monday, July 7, 2008

Waiting to See Dad Fly...and more

Here are a few random pictures from the week of the 4th.

I went up to check on Wes one night and found him with his Lightning McQueen pillow in his shirt. I had to laugh, go get Dave and my camera and take some pictures. In the morning I asked him why it was in there and he said, "I wanted my stomach to be more comfortable going to sleep."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Waiting to Watch Dad Fly

The kids wanted to go and watch Dave fly, so we went to the local airport where he was and waited, and waited and waited. No sign of him. So we watched the helicopters for an hour and then left. Wes saw a plane getting ready to land, so we turned back around, ran out to the strip and watched to plane land, it wasn't him. I thought we would hang around for a few more minutes, I am so glad we did, because Dave finally came down. I don't know where he went, but the kids were so excited to see him come down and land.


Wes and Brooke liked sitting in it. When they pushed it into place, Wes thought he was going to fall out because the back end was pushed down and swung around and he wasn't expecting it! It made me laugh.


I thought dad, Kay, Uncle John, and some of the folks in Alaska (Kim H) would like to see the plane he is flying.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Roxy
Roxy is now basically as tall as she will get, now she just needs to pack on her weight. She is definitely still a puppy, she is 8 months old. We haven't been to the vet for months now!!! Yeah!!!

She isn't a smart dog, she likes to play with wasps. Yep, she has been stung twice that we know of. One time her bottom lip was so swollen that it stuck out so far, she looked really funny with her under bite. The second time was on the 4th of July, she was stung under her eye and it was a huge ball under her bottom eyelid. She is spastic outside jumping around trying to bite the wasps. Dumb dog.

____________________________________________________________________________________

WALL*E
Wes and his friend Karson wanted to go to WALL*E for weeks before it came out, so the day after it was released, our families went together. It was fun. All the kids loved it. Brooke calls herself Eva now. It is strange to watch a movie that most of it there is no real talking in.

2 comments:

The Lowder Family said...

Roxy is so darn cute!!! I can not believe how big she is already, there are 3 more of our friends that have boxers, we have to et them together to play ...can you imagine 8 boxers in one place? talk about entertainment

Amy said...

Kara, Do you want another one?!