Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Activities

Yeah!! The Easter Bunny is coming tonight! Brooke and Wes can hardly wait since we ran into the real live Easter Bunny at Costco on Friday after Suzanne's Easter Egg Hunt at the park. Brooke ran right up to the Easter Bunny and gave him the biggest hug. Everyone around was laughing because all the other kids in line were crying, afraid of him. She totally cut in front of them-eyes locked on the bunny. Do not stop her, she must hug the bunny.

All day Wes has been waiting to color Easter Eggs, so at 7:30 tonight I finally gave in to possible semi-permanent rainbow on my kids clothes, hardwood floors, tables, counter tops, white sink, dog, carpet, etc. I am not sure what we are going to do with these beautifully colored eggs yet. He will want to keep them for many months to come. Somehow Dave and I will have to devise a plan to slowly pluck them off one by one.

Brooke loved it. She told me what colors she wanted. Like how I made her exchange her dress for an apron?!


Wes is letting his eggs take a long bath in there colored water. They need to be nice and bright! We had cool crayons that you can color on the egg first so that the dye won't stick to the egg. It was pretty fun to see what Wes wrote on his eggs.


He wrote "Good" and his name on most of them! He is a good boy. He just had his parent teacher conference on Friday for the 3rd term. In kindergarten they get 1-4's instead of A-F's. He got all 4's! His teacher wrote "Wes is brilliant"! His reading is off the scale for kindergarten. He really is amazing.


I love this picture. And Brooke loves her eggs! I asked her what she wanted me to write and then she would dunk them into her water bathes. She said "Seaka" (our nickname for her, Wes named her that when I was pregnant), one says "Seaka Shoes" (she has a real shoe fetish), "CANDY", and then she drew on the others.

The kids didn't make a mess at all!!! Yeah for me!!

This is the Easter Egg Hunt that Suzanne (my cousin, Richie's wife) put on in her pack yard park. The kids loved it.


It was Brooke's first hunt. At first she didn't know what to look for and Wes was off and I had no idea where he was to take his picture until the end.


We stayed to play at the park and all the kids gathered at the merry go round. Wes was the official pusher.


Soon he had a helper, Andrew did a great job and kept up quite well! I think he only fell due to lack of leg length once!


And can you tell that Brooke absolutely loved the ride! Wes and Andrew must have been doing a great job. That smile says it all!

Happy Easter!! So I want to know whose idea it was for the Easter Bunny to come and have Easter baskets in the first place! Since Dave is working the night shift tonight, we can't have our egg hunt that the Easter Bunny leaves in our house down stairs in the morning. So he (she) had to be extra sneaky and put it in their rooms! She was total stealth tonight. Didn't make one single noise in their rooms. I wonder how long it will take for them to notice that they have their own individual Easter Egg Hunts in their rooms! I hope they have fun when they wake up!

10 comments:

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

What great Easter fun you all had! Such cute pictures Amy. I love Brooke's polka dot pants. Tell Wes I said great job and keep up the good work in school. Love you guys!

Shannon Martin said...

Love the pigtails on Brooke! By the way reading about your anniversary date below to the Family Tree and couldn't stop laughing. Someone told me mom about the place about 5 years ago and told her she had to go and Jared I ended up getting in the car and went with them. Couldn't get over the place. Too funny!

Marie Stott said...

Hey, sorry I was out of town when you called. We haven't gotten the new styles in yet. But I am checking to see what I have in a six for Brooke. I love that she is wearing her squeakers in the pictures.

Squirt said...

Do you remember when Brooke was up here and she saw a bunny? I love the way she said bunny, and Andy (Nanny). SSSOOOO CUTE! I miss them both!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting so big! I can't believe Brooke's hair is long enough to go in pig tails. Wes is getting so tall!!! Looks like a fun Easter. Andrew is growing up so fast too. It's been weay too long. See you on Sat!

Derick and Becky said...

You need some new pictures up! What have you been up to?

Derick and Becky said...

Are you alive down there in your neck of the woods?

Marie Stott said...

The new shipment has cleared customs, which means it's in the US, so that's good. I will call you as soon as we get them.

likeschocolate said...

Thanks for answering my blog. I went to Bartlett High School class of 89. I was in the Anchorage 4th ward and hung out with everyone from East and Service. I was there in Sept and went to the Time Out conf. It was so much fun seeing everyone. Thanks, Kelly

likeschocolate said...

I hung out with Ben Whitehead, Jennifer Cotrell (Oops, can't remember how this was spelled now Jennifer Walther), Buffi Pullen, and so on. I am sure that we know alot of the same people or families given that Alaska is not that big. When I was up there in Sept, I saw Jared Noble, Aaron Rhodes, Jennifer, Bryan and Andrea Wynn, Troy Johnson and his wife-Talya she had a younger sister named Yael Martin (they went to East). The cold weather keeps me from moving back. I love the hot weather of Georia.