For, oh, I would say 5 years or so, I have been wanting to try this cafe/restaurant that I heard about from a friend of mine. All I know about the place is the name of it and that he really likes it. I don't think his wife likes it all that much, but he sure does and he told me several times that I had to try it. The problem was, it wasn't convenient to where we lived at the time and then I totally forgot about it until Dave's crew went there for breakfast last week and he kinda liked it!
So we decided to go there for lunch on our anniversary. We were going to go while Wes was at school and take Brooke to the neighbor's to play. That way I could eat long before my spinning class, because spinning and eating don't mix! And most of all, Dave and I could have a quiet lunch together, ahh, quiet! Nope, didn't end up working out that way! So here is our secret lunch date, go ahead and LAUGH til you fall off your chair!!!
I told Dave we needed to celebrate this anniversary "right" and take a self portrait of our family in the Family Tree restaurant. He must not be a Newman. Obviously he felt a bit foolish! I was taking the picture and couldn't get it centered. Brooke and I were trying to get in there! Oh well. We were only one of two customers in the restaurant the whole time. As the others left and we were about the be the only ones, another group came in. Phheeewwww....
Later that night, just before bed, Brooke decided to read Roxy her bedtime story from her potty chair! Dave called me over with my camera to quickly take a picture of how Brooke was sitting with her legs crossed! I like her expression, "What do you want, I am in the middle of this Mom". (Brooke's hair was in ponytails so it has extra volume on the sides!)
So, Pam, I want to know how you and Andrew are going to top this anniversary with your 11th coming up?
4 comments:
Oh Amy, that is CLASSIC! Love it, thanks for the chuckle.
Dave needs to work on his self portrait smile! Well what if your cell phone was dead? Then the pay phone would come in handy! ha ha, I want to go there now.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............wait....breath...ok, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
That was the funniest post ever! It's a little scary on that side of the tracks. I told Mark, it's their generous portions of scones that keeps them in buisness, because I know it's not the food. How romantic, wish we were there to join you. You can blame Mark for the fab dinner!
Amanda-I couldn't use Mark's name in the post because then you would know exactly where we went too soon! We need to go next time you are in Mapleton!
Post a Comment