For the past 2 months my friend Jamey and I have been going to a spin class twice a week and I LOVE it! Except for all the sweat and burning of the muscles that I didn't know my body even had! The last time I went to a spin class was when Wes was maybe 1 or 2 years old and I hated it. The teacher was so mean. She would twist the nob if she didn't think it was at a hard enough tension for you! I know, you want to smack her, but then you would fall off your bike, yes the stationary bike!
So about 4 years later Jamey talked me into taking this class with her and I completely love it, the only problem is, it is over in two weeks. I only have 4 classes left.
So that means I am going to have to sign up for a gym membership...again. I hate going to the gym. I feel so dumb there and out of place. You have to be so perfect to go here in Happy Valley with all the college students.
One of the Gold's here has a Cardio Cinema that Dave is trying to talk me into using since I have been liking the spin class. And I would be able to get back into yoga. hooowwwwmm......Not sure how to spell that, but it's me meditating!
And yuck, the thought of gym babysitting. Help, advice?! Well, now it is time for my class...Yeah! Have you ever been so excited to excersice?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yes the gym can be quite intimidating. We signed up for the Alaska Club in November and I felt pretty dumb the first several times I went. Then one early morning I looked around while I was on the elliptical machine, sure that every one was staring, but...no one was. They were all too busy sweatin' it out on their own machines to notice me. One thing I really like are the weight lifting classes, because I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable out on the free weight floor. Those classes are mostly women and you learn to use a bar w/ weights and dumb-bells. As far as the babysitting goes I just go early in the morning or late at night when John is home. Where are you taking your spinning class now? Not the gym?
It is a community class at the high school. They actually have really nice equipment in their cardio room, like you would find at a real gym! Then they hire spin teachers from gyms to come and teach. It is pretty inexpensive too. I like it, the only problem is that it doesn't go all year. They quit during the warm months because that room doesn't have any a/c, it already gets pretty hot while we are in there.
We used to live 2 blocks from Gold's in our condo, now we have to go north or south to get to one, so that will stink abit! It will be nice to have a variety of things to do, I just need to keep the enthusiasm up!
Carolyn, I don't know what happened to your comment! I had it on my email and read it and then went to my blog and it said I had deleted it somehow. Sorry! Don't know what I did, because I didn't delete it! But thanks for the advice. I wish I had your teacher. Are you still going to that class?
Get your blog going!!! I was excited to see you had one. Love ya!
Hi Amy. Yes, I still go to that class. I attend it Monday's & Thursdays, in fact, Taylor (my daughter) goes with me to the Monday class. I absolutely love it!!!
I actually just created a blog for me & Adam (my fiance) just last week. Soooo, hopefully I can get it going soon! :)
Post a Comment