Monday, March 10, 2008

Pathetic Pooch

Oh Roxy, what have you done? Don't ask, because I can't tell you what happened! I wasn't going to post this picture because I really can't tell you how it happened. A couple of weeks ago she came into the kitchen where Dave and I were on three legs yelping and holding the one up. Finally, she started to limp on it. Then the next day the bones were shifted and they were broken! So we had to take her to an animal ER because it was the weekend (not so cheap!) and have x-rays and all that and a splint put on it. So a couple of days later she had chewed off the end of that splint because it was way too tight and her paw was swelling from it and the vets office that we had planned on taking her to told us that we had to take her back to where the splint was put on have them re-wrap it. WRONG! We had to pay for another ER visit. They put this cone on her head to prevent chewing! She looks pathetic and holds completely still while it's on!


So this weekend, she got really really sick. We thought she wasn't going to make it! But she did. The doctor wasn't sure if it was some kind of stomach/intestinal infection or pneumonia (not parvo). He also paid alot of attention to known health problems with boxers and she tested great with those! But we didn't want to pay more x-ray and blood testing costs, so we had him go with his gut feeling on which antibiotic to put her on and she is doing much better tonight!


It will be a miracle if this dog makes it a year! Dave and I have the worst luck with dogs. Roxy will be our last (At least she lasted longer than Magnus, 24 hours. Coyotes got to him in the middle of the night when we lived in Prescott, AZ). Sorry Kiddo.

2 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

Are you sure it is not parvo, because you know, I know everything and I really think it is...just kidding. Ya i was thinking about Magnus, I told Derick about that he thought it was hilarious he only lasted a day. Maybe Alf is up in doggie heaven telling all the dogs to get out while they can!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Sniff, poor Roxy.