This year Wes was so excited for Christmas! He made sure he was in bed by about 8:30pm. He wanted to go to bed at 7pm, but I wouldn't let him. Christmas Eve was pretty mellow around here. We stayed at the house and cleaned-up for Santa. We helped a neighbor out who was in a bind, that was nice. The kids played and watched Polar Express and drank hot chocolate. By the time I was done helping our neighbors, it was too late to start dinner, so Dave went to McDonald's and grabbed some hamburgers for us. And the kids went right to sleep! And then Dave and I went to work! He had to go to Riverton in a snow storm to get the last present while I wrapped what few gifts the kids got to open.
Santa gave the kids a couple of nice things and some things to confuse all of us! We had Christmas music blarring in the background in the morning so Wes and Brooke wouldn't hear what was going on in the other room.

Brooke got Princess shoes that she LOVES.

Dave and I gave Wes a guitar. Santa gave him a solar system for his ceiling that rotates around a sun and the moon is on his wall. It's pretty cool.
Then Santa gave Brooke a dog bone, Wes a pooper scooper, me a leash, and Dave a dog bowl. But no dog! What? He must have misunderstood what Wes asked for. Maybe next year.
So we went into the kitchen to start making breakfast and there she was, a boxer named "Roxy" for the family.

Wes and Brooke were excited to see a real live puppy in our house.


Brooke kept kissing her. Gross. I am trying my hardest to be a dog person. It isn't working.
She likes to sleep on our laps and all her skin smooshes onto her face!
Wes tells her all the time that he loves her. They had a great Christmas afterall.
2 comments:
First of all, love the shoes. Such a princess! And Wes' pajamas cracked me up! Yes for the adorable dog! He is gorgeous. I can't wait to meet him. How's the puppy training going?
Puppy training, ohhhhhhhhh. Let me tell you. It is alot of work! Like a baby, but different. Definetly different. No rewards. Well, I see the love and excitement on my childrens faces. That's about it. I have to get up with Roxy at night to let her out and we can only be gone for afew hours at a time during the day. It isn't very easy!
Post a Comment