Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Dave!

Sorry Dave, at least I waited until the very end of the day! Dave is the complete opposite as I am when it comes to birthdays, maybe it has to do with being a twin, I don't know. It is your special day and should last as long and drawn out as possible. For Dave you shouldn't even mention it! But now that we have kids, they love it, so let's let them, right?!

Yesterday Dave told Wes that he only wanted homemade gifts. So Wes went up to his room and found a present for him and made him a tag and then went to the basement and found a gift bag to wrap it in. He was so excited to give it to him.

This morning we let Dave sleep in until 11am, and then brought him breakfast in bed, a big plate of french toast and scrambled eggs. Wes was excited to give him his gift. It was a big plastic green beetle. The card was a blank piece of computer paper that said "To:Dave From:Wes" The beetle was in the bottom of this big gift bag with a piece of tissue paper on top. It was really sweet. Dave wasn't sure what to do with it. Wes gave it to him so he could put it in his police car so he could think of Wes. We all sang to him and then he went back to sleep until noon (how would that be?).

Brooke has been singing to him all day. It is the sweetest thing to hear her sing Happy Birthday. When Dave got up, I had to take Wes to school and I ended up staying there pretty much all afternoon helping in his class. So Dave spent his birthday watching princess movies with Brooke on his lap before going to work. What a great dad!

I hope his birthday wasn't too disappointing. I know the kids loved it and were excited for it. Happy birthday, I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day Dave.

Sorry I missed it--again.

Shannon Martin said...

Happy Birthday Dave!
(It really doesn't get any better than a day full of princess movies!)

Shannon Martin said...

Amy, Love your cute Christmas crafts up in the corner!

Anonymous said...

Does that mean it's your birthday too? Happy Birthday to both of you!