Wednesday, June 4, 2008

T-Ball

Wes had his first tee ball game last night. Don't ask who won, they don't keep track, everyone wins in tee ball! Each team gets a turn at bat, all kids hit and then they trade and the other team gets a turn at bat until all kids have had a turn. They do this for an hour and then it's game over. This is Wes and his friend Nathan, he lives in our neighborhood and was in Wes's class at school. He loves sports, only wears blue, and someday will be the mascot for BYU I am sure!


I am not sure the tee thing will stretch tall enough for Wes with out coming apart! Wes kept asking the coach if he was the tallest on the team. Like he needed to be sure nobody would take that away from him! Like the cut offs? It is his first pair that I have made for him. I tried to get him to wear his other shorts, but he insisted on these. Sad...now run boy run!


Yes, he made it without getting out! Way to go Wes!!!


For some reason Wes's team thought it was tackle tee ball. Every time the ball was hit, they would all tackle each other! I am sure the other, older, more wise team, who were all retired first graders, thought that this team of immature wanna-be first graders were so foolish. They didn't understand that you stand behind the fake pitcher, and try to catch the ball to throw to first baseman or where ever the runner is going. Instead it was a combination football/tee ball. But the parents all got a good laugh out of it!

Wes had a great time and that is all that matters. Oh, and Dave is the assistant coach (because his friend is the coach)!

2 comments:

Kallas Family said...

Looks like fun!! I can't wait until Owen is in baseball!!

Derick and Becky said...

No way Dave is the coach. Can Dave hit the ball??? I guess it is tball...just kidding Dave.