So a couple of weeks ago Wes came home from school telling me that we had to go to the public library here in town and get a book at 5:30pm. He told me over and over again. I didn't really understand what he was talking about. All I got out of his rambling was, "The guy at our assembly told us to be there at 5:30 to get the book. Be sure to be there." It was very important to Wes for some reason, why? Because a strange man at school told him to be there, so he needed to be.
So we ate dinner, he was a good kid after school, and we went. On the way there, I called my mom to ask her what she thought about this weird thing, and she thought it might be an author and a book signing, which made perfect sense.

So we get there, and I have no idea what style of writing this author writes or who he is, but I see a family that is from out neighborhood and tons of kids Wesley's age through high school and even adults. He writes everything apparently. Wes was thrilled. We bought a book,
Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians and Brandon Sanderson even signed it to Wes and everything. It was everything Wes was dreaming about that very afternoon. Now he has something to read this summer.
Wes has also become really interested in baseball. So Dave has put aside his dislike for the sport and is learning about it and having fun with Wes. Wes was fun to watch the first time he picked up the bat. We thought it was going to be the most hilarious thing ever to watch, if you know Wes, he isn't a sports kinda kid. But he did great. He hit both Dave and myself with the ball! Just watch the clip below. I hope it works. He has even gotten better in the past week. Now, if Dad will send one of our gloves down!
10 comments:
He needs to square his shoulders and choke up. I would really help if the person pitching new what he was doing. He could be related to papa wes.
You know, when I was watching that cute video of Wes I had two thoughts #1 is great job Wes! and #2 is what a good dad Dave is. :-)
Wes is actually pretty darn good. Surprising considering his dad's athletic skills.
And I guess all the attention Dave gives to Wes excuses the lack of attention he gives to the lawn.
Very true about the lawn! How do you like all the really green spots, that is where Roxy pees. At least she isn't one of those dogs that her pee kills the lawn! He just mowed the back yard like a week ago and Roxy's fertilizer is STRONG!!
Oh yeah, John, our friend is letting him borrow a 16 oz bat instead of the 20-oz that he is using in the clip. He does much better with a lighter bat. And Dave found a better way of pitching to him, like he is throwing a dart instead of underhand or "regular". The arch throws little kids of as they anticipate where the ball is going.
Ya Amy, you can't make fun of my laugh until you listen to yours! It is the same as mine! Way to go Wes! Now I am just waiting to hear a crash of a ball into the window!
when we come to visit andrew (a true athlete unlike dave) can give wes some pointers! come visit us this summer and we can all go to a dodgers game. andrew has always been a fan but has really gotten into them in the last couple of years which means we watch baseball almost every night! BORING!
That would be so much fun. I keep trying to talk Dave into taking a little trip over there, but he keeps telling me "no". But somehow he can plan a trip to Washington with his friends for a BYU game! Hmmm, makes perfect sense right?! Wes loves going to the Owlz games here, he would like a Dodgers game. As for watching them everynight. BORING!!
washington! how lame!! l.a. is way better. disneyland, universal studios, the beach, train museum (wes would love that), or we could always do my dad's fav's....venice beach and skid row! oh, and bob's big boy.
How cute is that!! By the way, the truffles look amazing! I am definatley going to try them. How old is Wes now anyways?
Post a Comment