So yesterday Wes found this empty box in my room and asked if he could use it to wrap my present. I said sure and then he brought it to me, completely excited for me to open it. I told him I wanted to wait until tomorrow, Mother's Day, to open it. It drove him crazy. But he managed. So after church, we go home and had some lunch and I got it out of the cupboard (I put it there so he would forget about it).I had Dave take the pictures without the flash, so they are a bit blurry. I also want you to notice why there are two pictures, not because of Brooke...
but because he put two pictures on either side of the box and labeled them. "My durty toes" and "Leaf Man". Look how proud he is in the top picture. He could hardly wait for me to open it. Now for the good stuff, what was inside: enough tracks for a circle for a hot wheel to go around, a hot wheel for the track, a marker, a colored pencil, an erasable crayon, and an aqua doodle marker. He had no money and no car to go to the store, so he got creative! He built me the track and now we can play together.
Brooke picked out a card for me when we were buying cards for Gramea and Grandma. She loved it because there were tons of shoes on it. And Dave gave me some shirts and a membership to Gold's Gym (I have been wanting one). Looks like I am a gym junkie again. It has been 4 years since I have been! I am excited to start the yoga and spin classes there. They have some other cool classes now.
I hope Gramea is having a great day, knowing how much your kids love and appreciate you. I have been thinking about you all day. Thanks for silently teaching me all along the way. I love and miss you.
4 comments:
Happy Mama's Day to you!
You guys got music! We got carnations, weeeeee! I even got one. I also got a calling! it's pretty exciting, you should call me to know what it is.
We also got carnations (really, what's the point of that?). In Andrew's parent's ward they give a See's truffle! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! I'm going there next year!
i like that dress you are wearing, where did you get it? It's way cute!
Post a Comment