Hmmm...these are yummy! I found this recipe from Bakerella, they are really easy to make. I would say the hardest part is dipping them. Partly because I don't know how to dip chocolate. She makes them with other cookies as well, like Nutter Butters, hmmm, those would be so good too. Anyway, I just halved the recipe because I didn't want a ton for me to eat. Try them...1 box Oreos, minus 7 cookies
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp
dipping chocolate (she didn't say how much, so your guess is as good as mine!)
1. Crush Oreos in a ziplock until a fine crumb.
2. Using a strong wooden spoon stir in cream cheese. It really wasn't too hard, only took a minute or two.
3. Spoon into 1-inch rounded balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet and place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes. This will help when it comes time to dip, helps them keep their shape.
4. Melt chocolate as instructed on wrapper. Dip truffles and place back on cookie sheet. When finished place in fridge to finish setting chocolate and enjoy!
Becky, my sister used Vanilla Bark instead of Chocolate Bark to dip hers in. That is what Bakerella uses too. Also, Bakerella has some other instructions on making other shapes with hers, like chocolate kisses and heart shapes.
4 comments:
YUM! Those look good enough to eat! ;-)
I am trying to find a way to ship some to John. Dry ice will be key.
They look delicious!! I will have to try them!
I liked double dipping them too. It gave them more of a shell on the outside. I just let them dry before I did it again. I am curious how they will be when John gets them. Hopefully they don't melt!
Post a Comment